Human Resource Coordinator
Human Resources Coordinator responsibilities include, but are not limited to: supporting recruitment efforts, on-boarding employees, basic benefits and workers compensation administration, the termination process, working with payroll, supporting the performance review process, creating and maintaining personnel records, updating and maintaining internal HR databases and spreadsheets, safety planning and implementation, and ensuring all mandatory/requested training programs are administered.. This individual is often the first point of contact for employees, clients, and outside vendors which requires excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time based upon the discretion of management.
Lamsco West, Inc is a premier manufacturer and supplier for Aerospace and Defense specialty metallic and non-metallic machined parts, assemblies, solid and laminated stock and value-added services. Lamsco is the World Leader Manufacture of Aerospace Shims. The holder of many prestigious performance awards for exemplary quality and delivery ratings, Lamsco’s integrated business systems are the most sophisticated in use in the industry today. Lamsco’s class-leading systems are complemented by state-of-the-art factory equipment and controls, which make extensive use of electronic visual displays for monitoring performance and efficiency in real time at each production cell. Lamsco holds approvals from all North American airframe manufacturers and their major tier one suppliers and has expertise in managing complex, high-volume logistics, including EDI-controlled min/max systems. Lamsco West is part of Avantus Aerospace.
- Direct Line – Director, Human Resources
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment and Applicant Tracking
- Post hiring ads as directed by senior management on management approved recruiting platforms and process responses according to management’s preferences. Ensure that each posting has all legally required language on it.
- Maintain legally required records regarding applicant tracking.
- Arrange logistics for phone screens/office interviews as requested by senior management.
- Track status of all job openings from beginning to closure.
- Prepare offer letters using a uniform template to send to selected candidates for each job opening; send new hire letter and any supporting documents to new hires.
- Ensure that those who interviewed, but were not hired, are informed of their status via mail, email, or telephone.
- Arrange for consistent post-offer/pre-employment background checks based on company policies once a candidate is made an offer and follow up through completion.
- Retain all resumes and applications for the legally mandated period of time.
- Generate new hire paperwork for all new hires (including, but not limited to, all legally required forms and pamphlets that must be distributed to new hires), order access cards/keys, and arrange for workstations to be set up and ready on first day of hire.
- Collect all new hire paperwork required ensuring that the documentation is completed correctly, signed by all relevant parties, proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. is verified and the I-9 form is properly completed.
- Construct a separate personnel file and a separate medical file and insert all relevant new hire and on-boarding paperwork into each file correctly.
- Ensure distribution of Employee Handbook and collection of signed acknowledgment page.
- Process all terminations to meet California and Federal employment laws (including distribution to terminating employee all legally required forms and pamphlets), inform benefits provider that employee is leaving the company, along with termination date.
- Interact with employees to answer routine benefits questions.
- Assist with company benefit administration to include enrollment forms, plan questions, and claims resolution.
- Handle administrative aspects of Leaves of Absence, including tracking of such Leaves.
- Manage, with the involvement of the HR Director, the open enrollment process each year.
- Assist in managing workers’ compensation injury claims. File reports with insurance provider, maintain accident information and monitor progress.
- Construct and maintain Injury & Illness Prevention Program.
- Create and maintain all required employee personnel and medical files and company I-9 file in a compliant manner.
- Data enter all new hire information, as well as relevant ongoing employee information.
- Provide appropriate support to the initial and annual performance review process including, but not limited to, distribution of forms, record of completion of performance reviews, collection and filing of completed performance reviews.
- Respond to various information requests from governmental agencies, such as the Employment Development Department, in a timely manner.
- Respond to all employment verification inquiries, as appropriate.
- Assist in implementing process, procedure, or system changes or modifications to streamline work done within HR and in support of the departments.
- Collect and keep a file of all job posting and job descriptions.
- Answer routine questions for employees and inform HR Director, as appropriate.
- Monitor all mandated training and report status to HR Director &/or supervisor on a regular basis.; conduct follow-up with employees as needed or directed by HR Director.
- Ensure that EEO-1, DFEH and Vets 4212 reports are filed correctly and on time each year.
- Maintain OSHA 300 log, prepare OSHA 300A report, post OSHA information with HR Director’s approval
- Ensure that all legal requirements for record keeping are adhered to by the company.
- Ensure that all labor posters and mandated Notices are up to date and placed in a public place for all employees to see.
- Work with both benefits and payroll providers to ensure that all required year-end forms are distributed to employees.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Time keeping for Temp hires
- Inform temp Agencies of Temp Workers hours worked
- Administer safety programs.
- Assist and support Human Resources Director with all COVID-19 related documents and processes.
Additional Comments: The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered. Typical qualifications would be:
- 5-7 years office work experience, including 2-4 years in human resources
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to quickly establish and maintain credibility with clients, both internally and externally
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing programs and processes
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities and meet all deadlines
- Ability to work within legally mandated and company-set timeframes for all processes/procedures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality related to sensitive company and employee information
- Ability to deal with all levels of employees
- An excellent understanding of basic Federal and state employment laws preferred
- Typical office environment, electronic machines (i.e.; computers, phone, copiers)
- Frequent encounters with clientele and employees at all levels
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 15 pounds in all directions
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation for newly hired employees
- 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds
- Life insurance and disability coverage
Lamsco West is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, committed to a diverse work force and a safe and healthy work environment for all employees. This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by 22.C.F.R